During registration you will be required to upload the following completed documents:
1) Ringette Ontario Screening Disclosure Form - click here to download
2) WRA Annual Offence Declaration Form - click here to download
3) WRA Conflict of Interest Declaration Form (for WRA Board Members only) - click here to download
You will not be able to complete your registration without submitting these completed forms.
For volunteers 18 years of age and older, you will need to provide the association with one of the following:
Criminal Record Check (CRC) - for all Team Staff of 18+ teams, and the WRA Board of Directors
Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) - for all Team Staff of U19 and younger teams
For details on how to apply for, and submit your CRC/VSC, please see below.
You will be unable to participate in any Ringette activities until you have 1) registered, and, 2) provided the association with a CRC or VSC.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR CRC/VSC -
The Association will accept CRCs/VSCs for the current season provided it has been less than 1 year from the date of issue. Additionally, after a period of 3 years all volunteers will need to complete a new CRC/VSC.
1) If you have already provided WRA with a PRC/CRC within the last 3 years, please contact the WRA Registrar to verify.
2) If you have a current CRC/VSC dated less than one year from your registration date, you can upload the document during registration.
3) If you require a new CRC/VSC, you can complete the registration process and email your new document to the WRA Registrar
HOW TO APPLY FOR YOUR CRC/VSC -
*Note: Background checks or similar attestations from third parties other than local police (e.g. school boards) will not be accepted.
1) REQUEST LETTER FROM WRA
Email the WRA Secretary to request a personalized introductory letter from WRA to allow you to obtain the background check as a registered volunteer, and therefore, at a reduced cost ($20). When requesting letters from the Secretary, please provide your full legal name, your team name (age and level) and bench staff role. This letter will also indicate whether you require a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Check.
2) FOR RESIDENTS OF DURHAM REGION:
At this time, Durham Region Police Services are only processing CRCs online via www.drps.ca > online services > online police record checks (mobile users will need to select Go To Full Website at the bottom of the page to access this menu).
Once DRPS begins to process CRCs in-person, you will be able to visit any police station in the Durham Region to complete your background check. No appointment is necessary.
Regional Municipality of Durham Headquarters
605 Rossland Road East, 3rd Floor (SW corner of Rossland and Garden St.)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm