WRA Association Meeting Minutes - January 2019 (Whitby Ringette)

PrintWRA Association Meeting Minutes - January 2019

DATE, 16 Jan  2019                                        

 

Call Meeting to Order – 7:16 pm Steve called to order

Approval of Previous Minutes- Steve moved- approved minutes

Attendees:

A

J. Nagy

President

P

Jennifer Koppens

1st Vice Pres.

A

J. Mackenzie

2nd Vice Pres

P

C. Wallace

Treasurer

A

Ian Clyde

Sponsorship

A 

S. Martynek

Secretary

P

C. Pouzar / C. Miller

Registrar

A

M. Nagy

Past Prez

A 

D. Reynolds

Referee in Chief

A

D. Taite

Ice Scheduler

P

H. Lally (team)

Rookie Coor.

A

K. Xavier

Coach Development

P

K. Cornacchia

Tourney Coor.

A 

C. Dudgeon

Member-at-large

A

T. Wallace

Equipment

M. Ledger

Webmaster

P

S. MacKellar

Publicity / Marketing

 A

R. Hyde

Social Media

P

S. Gaull / L. Haire

Player Development

 A

A. Miller

Recruitmnt / spec events

P 

 Christine Senior

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total

 

Quorum – not met

 

In attendance

 Action Items:

ACTION

STATUS

OWNER

Regionals – committee

Open

Jenn N

Web MBSports scheduling module / bingo

Open

Matt

Update signing authority

Open

Christy Wallace

 

 

 

 

Agenda Items

Reports:

        Pres                                       Jennifer Nagy

o    update on 14AA –Ajax will host a team, Whitby and Oshawa to run a second team, March 4th next meeting

o    Need to discuss which teams we want to host for next year prior to bid (March 4th), should discuss goalie/player caps

o    update on WORL / CORL discussion

o    Recruitment / recommendations for 2019-20 board

o    Motion from Jen Nagy, 2nd Carrie Pouzar for Christine Senior to join the board as membership ambassador, motion carried

 

        1st VP                                     Jennifer Koppens

o    U12P Gold in Whitby

 

        2nd VP                   Jeff Mackenzie (ABS)

        Treasurer                            Christy Wallace (ABS)

        Registrar                              Carrie Pouzar


        Referee-in-Chief              Doug Reynolds (ABS)

        Ice Scheduler                     David Taite

        Rookie  Coordinator        Heather Lally

o    -banquet, medals ordered

o    -formal discussion at Feb meeting re: rookie ringette

 

        Coach Development       Karla Xavier (ABS)

        Tournament                       Kim Cornacchia 

o    Update on tourney- $15, 000+ profit, very successful tournament

o    Need to discuss ice with Dave- hours, had 26 hrs of slush

o    Suggestion to add 1st and 2nd if 5/6 teams in division have a semi and 1st place gets a bye, this would require an addition 11 hours of ice, for next year ask for 250-255 hours of ice

o    101 teams, 200 games played, 32 associations

o    Need to add to managers meeting next year- expectations per team at the tournament

o    Gift tree and gold medal sponsors big profit

o    Picture Day Photographer– we have used for the last three years, did not show this year

o    Rookies at NRL game went well, hectic, felt a lack of communication maybe between players, would have liked to see more interaction

 

        Sponsorship                       Ian Clyde

o    Update on Kidspired Media

o    WISE grant opportunity?

o    funding for Guelph 12P program-Central region to supply an ad- no cost to us

o    U12PP outstanding sponsorship fees- owes money-Christy to send exact amount

 

        Webmaster                         Matt Ledger

o    Status of new booking system for timekeepers, refs, help etc. – has been implemented

o    Has not heard back about adding volunteers (ie: bingo)

o    Website through ORA- template- see Barrie

 

        Equipment Manager      Tony Wallace

o    Request from coaches for investment into goalie equipment- need to discuss a budget-February

o    Pam has goalie stick- borrowed for rookies, will return

 

        Recruitment / Sp events  Amanda Miller

o    CTR-February- bring a friend

 

        Marketing & Publicity     Stanton MacKellar

o    Durham Total Sports-they are doing 2 stories on us- team of the Month and the 50th anniversary

o    tourney recap- had media come out, Whitby this week did an online story and print, president from 1990s read it and approached us, a lot of good feedback

o    Stanton- suggestion to have levels for time keeping/shot clock ie: level 1- u8-u10 etc, to help train

o    Gym ringette- summer- in abilities center-Steve and Lisa proposed last year through town, could not do last year but can do this year.  Need to discuss this next meeting or March

 

        Social Media                                       River Hyde (ABS)             

        Player Development                      Steve Gaull

o    Next Wednesday –goalie clinic- U9-U16a

o    Feb 19- ½ ice –U9-U12- with Oshawa for clinic, Oshawa to host U12 and up- proposal

o    Need a recap of money for U14aa and money out for power skating, and need money out for learn to skate and power skate- need from Christy

o    Team Finland coming back-last year’s Ajax team who went will play them in an exhibition game, spend $50 for coaches to learn from Finland coaches

o    Power skating to be discussed at end of the season

 

        Member-at-Large                            Chris Dudgeon (ABS)

        Secretary                                             Sue Martynek (ABS)

 

General Business

 

Meeting Adjourned- 9:11 pm

 

Upcoming meeting dates:

 

·  Feb 6

·  Mar 6

·  Apr 3

League Sites
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from whitbyringette.com on Friday, February 15, 2019 at 4:05 PM