WRA Association Meeting Minutes - November 2018 (Whitby Ringette)

PrintWRA Association Meeting Minutes - November 2018

DATE, 7 NOV 2018.                                          

 

Call Meeting to Order – Jenn  7:06

Approval of Previous Minutes   -- Dave Taite, Jenn Koppens.

 

Attendees:

x

J. Nagy

President

x

Jennifer Koppens

1st Vice Pres.

x

J. Mackenzie

2nd Vice Pres

abs

C. Wallace

Treasurer

abs

Ian Clyde

Sponsorship

abs

S. Martynek

Secretary

x

C. Pouzar/C. Miller

Registrar

abs

M. Nagy

Past Prez

abs

D. Reynolds

Referee in Chief

x

D. Taite

Ice Scheduler

x

H. Lally (team)

Rookie Coor.

abs

K. Xavier

Coach Development

abs

K. Cornacchia

Tourney Coor.

abs

C. Dudgeon

Member-at-large

abs

T. Wallace

Equipment

x

M. Ledger

Webmaster

abs

S. MacKellar

Publicity / Marketing

abs

R. Hyde

Social Media

x

S. Gaull / L. Haire

Player Development

x

A. Miller

Recruitmnt / spec events

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9

Total

 

Quorum – not met


In attendance

 

 Action Items:

ACTION

STATUS

OWNER

Regionals – URGENT

Open

David Taite / Jenn N

Web MBSports scheduling module

Open

Matt

Update signing authority

Open

Christy Wallace

Logo approval

Closed

Jenn N

 

Agenda Items

Reports:

  • Pres                             Jennifer Nagy
    • Unveiled 50th anniversary logo.
    • Arranged Nov 19 Brownies / Sparks – floor ringette demonstration & handout. 
      • U14A     team will help
      • St Bernard Catholic school
    • Regionals subcommittee – Nov 12 meeting date (Pam, Stanton, Jeff, Jenn K, Jenn N)
      • regionals intent – deadline to go out:  Nov 15
      • Budget deadline – Dec 1
      • MOTION:  share costs of Finland Exhibition games being held on Ajax Ice - $400 to cover ice, refs, party room.    Carrie 1st, Pam 2nd, approved
      • AAA – headcoach application extended by 1 week, now closed
      • 50th logo-vote on two logos, logo number 2 has majority vote

 

  • 1st VP                          Jennifer Koppens

- 2 teams participated in the Oshawa tournament- U16 A and U19 AA, neither team medaled

- 3 teams attending London Tournament, U16 A , U12 PP, and U14A

- 2 teams attending Nepean Tournament in two weeks U19AA and U14 AA

 

  • 2nd VP                         Jeff Mackenzie

-issue with refs not showing at 19R – southern crossover

- 2 teams attending London U10 and U12R

 

  • Registrar                     Carrie Pouzar
    • Registration update
    • Rookie- 13
    • U8- 12
    • U9- 13
    • U10- 12
    • U12R- 13 +1

      -only 12 refs registered

 

  • Ice Scheduler             David Taite

Waiting for regional second half schedule

Dec 2 CTR ice is booked

 

  • Rookie Ringette Coordinator           Heather Lally/Pam Mitchell

-Rookie to participate in NRL game

-December exhibition game booked

-PD to follow up with Heather to get scrimmage/exhibition games going

 

  • Coach Development  Karla Xavier - update sent

- coaching qualifications will be sent Monday

-Whitby tournament schedule is being worked on

                          

  • Player Development             Steve Gaull

- Discussion re power skating and instructors using hockey skills instead of ringette sticks, board feels power skating instructors should use ringette sticks, Steve will address.

  • Webmaster                            Matt Ledger

o    new booking system for timekeepers, refs, help- still working on it, need proper phone numbers for all time keepers etc

o    may need a person to do time keeper- sole role for that on board

o    Schedule is up to date

 

  • Recruitment / Sp events                   Amanda Miller
    • Report from of Oct CTR – ran by U 16 A, 20 players showed up, 6 registered
    • planning for next CTR – Dec 2- following Santa Parade
    • Report from Halloween Haunt- need a bigger committee next year, $4222 profit
    • Begin planning for Santa Claus Parade (Sat Dec 1) – (application submitted)- need a sub committee for this, Jen will follow up with members, Tuesday November 13 at 7pm, Jen to find out budget for parade, need flyer from Stanton, Amanda to Susan Tantalo - for parade committee

 

Meeting adjourned 8:55 pm

 

·  Dec 5

·  Jan 2

·  Feb 6

·  Mar 6

·  Apr 3

 

Category Sites
League Sites
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from whitbyringette.com on Monday, December 17, 2018 at 6:36 AM