WRA Association Meeting Minutes - Oct 2018 (Whitby Ringette)

PrintWRA Association Meeting Minutes - Oct 2018

DATE, 4 OCT 2018.                                          

 

Call Meeting to Order – 7:08 pm Tony Wallace, Iroqouis large board room

Approval of Previous Minutes - approved

 

Attendees:

X

J. Nagy

President

X

Jennifer Koppens

1st Vice Pres.

X

J. Mackenzie

2nd Vice Pres

X

C. Wallace

Treasurer

X

Ian Clyde

Sponsorship

 

S. Martynek

Secretary

X

C. Pouzar / C. Miller

Registrar

 

M. Nagy

Past Prez

 

D. Reynolds

Referee in Chief

X

D. Taite

Ice Scheduler

X

H. Lally (team)

Rookie Coor.

 

K. Xavier

Coach Development

X

K. Cornacchia

Tourney Coor.

 

C. Dudgeon

Member-at-large

X

T. Wallace

Equipment

 

M. Ledger

Webmaster

X

S. MacKellar

Publicity / Marketing

 

R. Hyde

Social Media

X

S. Gaull / L. Haire

Player Development

 

A. Miller

Recruitmnt / spec events

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12

Total

 

Quorum – not met

 

In attendance

 

 

Action Items:

ACTION

STATUS

OWNER

Regionals –

Open

David Taite / Jenn N

Web MBSports scheduling module

Open

Jenn N / Matt

Jump Start and Their Opportunity on the website

Open

Ian

Close out fundscrip

Open

Ian

Send Stanton info for Logo contest

Open

Jen

Add pictures (quilt) and ladies info

Open

Jen

 

 

 

Agenda Items

Reports:

  • Pres                       Jennifer Nagy
    • Need 50th anniversary logo – to be unveiled at the tournament.

- unveil it with all tournament info. (tshirts etc)

-Jen N will send out to get people’s opinions

-Steve knows someone- $100 budget for this

-Jen N- put it out to association- contest, submissions due by Nov. 1

-Stanton to put together an announcement- Jen send info

    • Open conversation re:  board positions open in 2019-20 season

-Jen N Stepping down after her term, Jen N will not be doing it next year, one person on the board has to step up, will stay on the board and will take on tournament coordinator NEED a president

    • Update on relationship with Brownies / Sparks – floor ringette demonstration.

-gym ringette session help last week, ages 4-9, presentation, demonstrated gym ringette

-$100 off new registration and $50 off for brownies- Jen N sent flyer to them, sent them Halloween haunt and will send CTR info

-Pam knows another unit- want to give them a ringette demonstration

    • Regionals subcommittee (Ap 5-7)

-as soon as schedule comes out, need to send out intent

-need a committee of people – Pam, Stanton, Jeff, Jenn K, Jen N

-Need scheduler

o   Central meeting update

-AAA next season

-Showcase will be next year

-head coach to be named by December 31

o   Muskoka/Sunderland wants exhibition games

 

  • 1st VP                                     Jennifer Koppens
    • Update on WORL / CORL

-fees pd

-A/AA schedule out

-will revisit PP in December to see if adjustments need to be made

 

  • 2nd VP                    Jeff Mackenzie
    • Update on regional schedule- supposed to be out on Oct 5

 

  • Treasurer                             Christy Wallace
    • Update on all accounts

-Need to update signing authority

 

  • Registrar                              Carrie Pouzar
    • Registration update

-176 registered, about the same as last year

-u9 up to 12, rookie 13, U8,U10,12R- 11, U14r 15, U19R-15

 


  • Referee-in-Chief  Doug Reynolds
    • Update on refs registered- 10 people registered , need to know who we are missing

 

  • Ice Scheduler                      David Taite
    • Update on schedule
    • Need confirmation of extra ice for tournament & regionals.

- CTR Oct 28, McKinney pad 1, 1:00- 2:00 pm, U19AA on ice after- put signs out on members lawns, possibly get U14AA, Post event on  come try site

 

  • Rookie Ringette Coordinator       Heather Lally- Abs
    • Update status of all rookie / U8s
    • Issues with sizing for rookie jerseys- will make do for now, but have to back fill sizes, need to order new sizes- SM
    • Inventory of new T-shirts-they loved them, all get a t-shirt, will put on website to sell

 

  • Coach Development        Karla Xavier-Abs

 

  • Tournament                       Kim Cornacchia 
    • 86 teams registered, Alberta is out, 2 Finland teams are coming, still need billets
    • $435- donated by U14A team who went to Finland for tournament for Finland players
    • Subcommittee- Carrie, Jen N, Christy, Jenn K- meeting Tuesday Oct. 9, 7:30 pm, Canlan-discuss Gold Medal game sponsors (need 14)
    • Dave send ice times to Kim, 11 am -10pm at McKinney on Friday pad 2 6:15-10:15pm pad 1, Sat 1:30-9:30pm on pad 2, can add 11:15-3:45pm on Friday,  Sat 12-6:15pm pad 1

 

  • Sponsorship                       Ian Clyde
    • Kidspired Media-email sent, $500 – get 2500 on reusable bags from Swiss Chalet-bags no
    • Lululemon- on hold, overwhelming response-miscommunication
    • Fundscrip – cancelled, cheque requested, notification submitted

 

  • Marketing & Publicity     Stanton MacKellar

-added video to monitors

-need Matt to do a video for CTR

-will use budget $ to put an ad in the paper

 

  • Social Media                                       River Hyde-Abs

-SNAPD coming to Halloween Trails

-Need to get CTR info out            

                          

  • Player Development                        Steve Gaull

        -PS- going well

-moving of ages- process was solid, all players for next 3 years move up together

-learn to skate- split rookie and U8, pay another instructor

-goalie program started, Cassie helping U9/10, Hillary will U12/14, will add goalies

-skills matrix due end of the month (Oct 31)

 

  • Webmaster                                         Matt Ledger- Abs

o    new booking system for timekeepers, refs, help etc.

o    needs to add Halloween video, jump start and Their Opportunity to site

 

  • Equipment Manager                       Tony Wallace

                      - team cheques -7 days to get cheques-or old ones will be cashed

                       -within 2 days all showed up except U9

                     -system is working well

                       -Ray needs to charge for removal at same time

                       -allowed to purchase- cost sent, not guaranteed same number

                       -possible purchase a few extra jersey’s in alternate sizes (16,17,18) as extras for players who

                         may need one

 

  • Recruitment / Sp events                Amanda Miller-Abs
    • Update from of Sept CTR –9 ?? new registrations from CTR, planning for next CTR – Oct 28
    • Bring a Friend event-get a free move-only 7 people, will do it again-after next CTR
    • Halloween Haunt-35 plus volunteers, need make up artists and tour guides, building this Monday Oct 8, 10am-2pm
    • Select league date for pancake breakfast with Santa
    • Begin planning for Santa Claus Parade (sat dec 1) – submit application.
    • Select league date for end of year bowling party

 

  • Member-at-Large                             Chris Dudgeon -Abs

 

  • Secretary                                             Sue Martynek -Abs
    • Update on managers meeting

               

 

General Business

 

 

Meeting Adjourned 1st Steve, 2nd Christy 9:05 pm

Category Sites
League Sites
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from whitbyringette.com on Monday, December 17, 2018 at 7:21 AM