WRA Association Meeting Minutes - Sept 2018 (Whitby Ringette)

PrintWRA Association Meeting Minutes - Sept 2018

Called to order at: Sept 6, 7:06 pm by Jenn Nagy    Iroquois Large Boardroom

Motion to close at: 8:20 pm by Jenn Nagy

August Minutes approved by Board.                                                                       

Attendees:

X

J. Nagy

President

X

Jennifer Koppens

1st Vice Pres.

X

J. Mackenzie

2nd Vice Pres

X

C. Wallace

Treasurer

X

Ian Clyde

Sponsorship

X

S. Martynek

Secretary

X

C. Pouzar / C. Miller

Registrar

 

M. Nagy

Past Prez

 

D. Reynolds

Referee in Chief

X

D. Taite

Ice Scheduler

X

H. Lally (team)

Rookie Coor.

 

K. Xavier

Coach Development

X

K. Cornacchia

Tourney Coor.

X

C. Dudgeon

Member-at-large

X

T. Wallace

Equipment

X

M. Ledger

Webmaster

 

S. MacKellar

Publicity / Marketing

 

R. Hyde

Social Media

X

S. Gaull / L. Haire

Player Development

 

A. Miller

Recruitmnt / spec events

 

 

 

Total

14

Quorum – not met

 

In attendance

Action Items:

ACTION

STATUS

OWNER

Regionals – we are hosting – all in

OPEN

Jenn Nagy

Scheduling Module start-up – refs, SC, TK, bingo

OPEN

Matt

Post on Website – registration partners – subsidize fees.

OPEN

Jenn/ Matt

CTR – register OCT event with ORA

OPEN

Amanda

Get list of TK /SC workers from alain

OPEN

Jenn

1st VP:

No Schedule for AA, WORL is working on it.  First draft is ready

 

2nd VP:

No 19B teams to play, request to join Southern Region

 

Treasurer:

Funds in good standing

 

Registrar:

153 confirmed registered,

 

 

Sept

RR

10

U8

8

U9

9

U10

10

U12

11

U14

12

 

4 Registered for CTR.   Need 10 new registrations U10 and under.  ON THE SPOT registration $50 rebate

 

Referee In Chief:  

Only 5 Ref’s registered need approx. 20

 

WebMaster:

Time and Scorekeeping, have on-line schedule, will test 2 week schedule. Required:  all contact info for Ref’s Time and Scorekeeping individuals Sep 29 th first game**** Action item reaching out to Alan

 

Ice Scheduler:

Karla to confirm sufficient ice for Tournament

 

Rookie Ringette:

Numbers need a big boost.  New “older players” Allowing U10 to register as U10 but pay and attend the rookie program

 

Coach Co-Ordinator:

Mass email sent today as reminder for qualifications

 

Tournament:

55 team registered, U12PP won’t know as teams being declared. NRL RH vs Quebec scheduled for Saturday of Tournament.   NRL schedules Ref, Time and Scorekeepers.   Some kind of donation to attend the game.  Time and Scorekeeping “master” schedule would make process much easier to add up games and totals owed

 

Sponsorship:

·         Kidspired Media…..deal with the sponsors directly, will take a percentage, as an Association, more information to come.

·         Lululemon…….Account set up..1 account per Association, min 12 pieces 1 order per team have to find

·         own embroidery

·         Fundscrip Sep 30 end date Mat to confirm and post end date on Website

 

Marketing & Publicity:

mass social blitz, flyer in Brooklin Towne Cryer

 

Social Media:

River not in attendance

 

Player Development:

Support for house league program has been arranged for first 3 weeks of season utilizing 14aa 14a 14r and 19r Players.   As part of the program- they get free ice.    We will be hosting managers meeting on 12th.  We will discuss how best to schedule this over remaining part of season.   Steve will be attending 12p tryouts along with 2 evaluators over weekend. 

Power skating starts September 11. 

We have added in a program for Whitby 14aa players to participate.  Hired an additional instructor. Also invited up to 7 u19r to attend.  After cost of instructor covered proceeds will be used to buy 16a ice – as they are using their ice to help the 14aa players. 

 

Team formation

There are a number of Players requesting move to higher age or in some case lower age.   This will be finalized by Sept 16.  In time for Tuesday the 18th practice.   Steve propose a motion: 

Establish a committee composed of:

·         President

·         Player Development

·         Registrar

·         Plus board 2 members- would like David Taite and Ian Clyde

·         Plus one non board member- Carolyn Mountjoy

As a group we will make all decisions on formation in context of numbers. 

 

Equipment Manager:

Room updated and cleaned Equipment sign out Friday and Saturday to be posted on the Website

 

Recruitment/Special events:

CTR all set up and ready to go

Bring a Fiend event 15th - 16th U10 and under bring a friend get a movie ticket…..blast Social Media, all Coach’s U10 and under to communicate to teams. Stanton to modify the flyer to add the Movie Ticket give away

Date for Pancake Breakfast to be set

Date for End of year Bowling party to be set

 

Next Meeting:


  • Oct 3
  • Nov 7
  • Dec 5
  • Jan 2
  • Feb 6
  • Mar 6
  • Apr 3
Category Sites
League Sites
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from whitbyringette.com on Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 9:33 PM