WRA Association Meeting Minutes - July 2018 (Whitby Ringette)

PrintWRA Association Meeting Minutes - July 2018

Called to order at: ___7:11 pm  July 11, 2018. 
Motion to close at
: ___9:15pm by _Jenn Nagy, 2nd by Stanton

June Minutes approved by Pam Mitchel, 2nd by Jen Nagy.                                     

Attendees:

x

J. Nagy

President

 

Jennifer Koppens

1st Vice Pres.

 

J. Mackenzie

2nd Vice Pres

 

C. Wallace

Treasurer

X

Ian Clyde

Sponsorship

 

S. Martynek

Secretary

 

C. Pouzar / C. Miller

Registrar

 

M. Nagy

Past Prez

 

D. Reynolds

Referee in Chief

x

D. Taite

Ice Scheduler

X

H. Lally (team)

Rookie Coor.

 

K. Xavier

Coach Development

x

K. Cornacchia

Tourney Coor.

 

C. Dudgeon

Member-at-large

 

T. Wallace

Equipment

x

M. Ledger

Webmaster

X

S. MacKellar

Publicity / Marketing

 

R. Hyde

Social Media

x

S. Gaull / L. Haire

Player Development

X

A. Miller

Recruitmnt / spec events

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9

Total

 

Quorum – not met

 

In attendance

 

Action Items:

ACTION

STATUS

OWNER

Regionals – we are hosting

Ongoing

Jenn Nagy

Referral Program

To be finalized

Jenn Koppens

Managers meeting

To be booked

Sue Martynek

Order Rookie Jerseys & T-shirts

ongoing

Tony (jerseys)
Jenn (T-shirts)

Send updated registration list by division

Ongoing

Christine / Carrie

Contact past rookie parents – inquire about coming season

Ongoing

Pam / Rookie Team

CTR – planning and organization

Ongoing

Amanda

Recruit coaches for U8 & U14B.

Ongoing

Jenn

Underage player – Gaby Dudgeon

Ongoing

Board to vote at aug meeting.

Discussion:

o    WORL / CORL discussion re: scheduling.   Ongoing.  To update next month

o    Financial update received from treasurer – all accounts in order and on track.

o    Tryout ice deposited - $1178 from Ajax AA tryouts / $3584 from Whitby A tryouts)

o    Registrar update:  117 current registrations to date.


o    Rookie – 3

o    U8 – 3

o    U9 – 10

o    U10 – 11

o    U12R – 9

o    U12P – 11

o    U14R – 10

o    U14A – 13

o    U14AA – 14

o    U16A – 11

o    U19R – 11 (4 from 16R)

o    Open – 1



o    CTR (sept 9) planning is underway:  school flyers?  Target public skating and hand out invitations.  Lawn signs worked well.  Need a team to plant them Sept 6 & remove them Sept 9.  Soccer Fest?  Canada Day?  Kijiji, Craig List etc..   Emphasize “learn to skate” aspect and the addition of the skate Canada instruction sessions.   Karla to post date on the ComeTryRingette.com site. On Ice help – from older A teams. 

o    CTR subcommittee suggestions:  Stanton,  Cam Lee, Leea,

o    CTR – need to locate the CTR equipment (Oshawa?  Ajax locker?)

o    Social Media – need to advertise Coaches needed for U8 / U14B.

o    Ice Schedule:  waiting for town of Whitby. 

o    Ice Sched / Tournament - Karla to look at ice from last year to see what we had… then figure out how much needed for 100 teams  -- must request sooner than later.  7am-11pm on all pads… maybe 30-40 extra hours of ice needed.

o    Tournament – plan to open registration by end of July.  No increase to registration this year.  (Increased last year).  Forest expected to have more teams this year… but need to investigate hotel bookings.

o    Sponsorship – package is ready – need to include in managers meeting.  And clarify all sponsorship cheques to be made out to WRA –  WRA till write cheque to team – less the 10% fee.

o    Manager’s Meeting – Karla to inform managers of duties….   Will post managers section on the website for quick access.  Sue to run a managers meeting at start of season.

o    Marketing / Publicity – swag catalogues to be handed out to all managers / coaches at start of season.  Swag funds go directly to the jersey account. 

o    Newsletter with Board bios.  Create community.  Bring a friend.

o    Lady blue knights not a great partner… not reciprocating.

o    Request flyer have more photos of younger players. – can Shannon Nagle come early in season?

o    Special Events / Recruitment – Profit from 2018 golf tournament - $10,036 (2017 profit $3500).  Increase found in sponsorship format, eliminated DJ, reduced early bird ticket prize.

o    Funds outstanding to purchase jerseys just $5000 – to be raised at Halloween Haunted Trails.(oct 19-21)

o    CTR to be planned immed following the Haunted Trails.   (oct 27-28)  will need lots of volunteers.

o    Social Media – need to be more relevant on IG  -- more posts (more contributors)   co brand?  Health, wellness, girl power, empowerment the vibe to cobrand.

o    Equipment - Rookie jerseys have not yet been ordered.  Need to inventory existing jerseys and fill in the missing colours / #s.  7-8 existing helmets will be kept – no expiration unless damaged. 

o    Player Development – finalizing 12P roster.  Wed Exhibition game in Oshawa + preskate Tues.  Game in Whitby.   To discuss topic of U10 as an underager – tabled for August meeting.

o    Webmaster – email addresses & passwords sent to those that requested.  To set up refs, timekeepers in new scheduling system. 


Meeting adjourned 9:00pm by Jenn Nagy . 2nd by Stanton

Next Meeting:


  • Aug 8
  • Sept 5
  • Oct 3
  • Nov 7
  • Dec 5
  • Jan 2
  • Feb 6
  • Mar 6
  • Apr 3
Category Sites
League Sites
View AllOur Sponsors
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from whitbyringette.com on Monday, December 17, 2018 at 8:07 AM