WRA Association Meeting Minutes - June 2018 (Whitby Ringette)

PrintWRA Association Meeting Minutes - June 2018

Called to order at: ___7:09______ pm.  Motion to close at: ___9:15________pm by _Jenn Nagy______

Attendees:

x

J. Nagy

President

X

Jennifer Koppens

1st Vice Pres.

X

J. Mackenzie

2nd Vice Pres

x

C. Wallace

Treasurer

X

Ian Clyde

Sponsorship

X

S. Martynek

Secretary

x

C. Pouzar / C. Miller

Registrar

 

M. Nagy

Past Prez

 

D. Reynolds

Referee in Chief

x

D. Taite

Ice Scheduler

X

H. Lally (team)

Rookie Coor.

X

K. Xavier

Coach Development

x

K. Cornacchia

Tourney Coor.

X

C. Dudgeon

Member-at-large

X

T. Wallace

Equipment

x

M. Ledger

Webmaster

X

S. MacKellar

Publicity / Marketing

x

R. Hyde

Social Media

x

S. Gaull / L. Haire

Player Development

 

A. Miller

Recruitmnt / spec events

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

17

Total

 

Quorum – not met

 

In attendance

 

Action Items:

ACTION

STATUS

OWNER

Regionals – can we host?

Ongoing

David Taite

Referral Program

To be finalized

Jenn Koppens

Managers meeting

To be booked

Sue Martynek

 

Discussion:

o   Central Region AGM

o   Fair play rule amendment ...last 10 min of game Fair Play rule does not apply

o   ORA Meeting Saturday June 9th

o   Regional’s....Discussion of WRA hosting, left as action item for next meeting

o   Player Development: Steve

o   19AA  and 16A teams will be running skills, A. Jones has been hired to do Power Skating$7600+Goal Tending, Coach’s meeting next week cost has been built into fees Power Skating will be for U9-U16A not for U14AA or U19AA, in return for help with skills instruction U19AA will get ice time. 

o   14A, 14R, 16A will help 10 hours per team with Rookie Ringette, they will get 2 hours of ice time back to respective teams.

o   Learn to skate, in Rookie Ringette...cost of approx $200 is built into fees, break down to be posted on Website so that parents understand cost, and benefits, goal tending to be added in.

o   CTR September 8th (start of Ringette season) and November proposal to only do 2 CTR’s vs 4 but do them well executed.

o   Harvest Fest September 15th

o   Skills Matrix- Chris to run On Ice, to be completed October U12R and under

o   Gym Ringette, ages 5-10, cannot advertise in Whitby Recreation Program, Stanton, Jeff, Steve, subcommittee to organize?

o   U14R division looks like only 6-10 Girls

o   U12 division should be ok

o   Referral Program...Action Item for next meeting

o   Jerseys have been ordered for all age groups, we have been put on a payment plan until December 31st

o   Golf Tournament has $4250 profit in Table sponsors alone....already more than raised last year for whole event  in need of Volunteers to run the event day of

o   Equipment:  $250 deposit for each team...there will be tighter control of sign out and in of equipment to teams, will only accept full team returns...already lost a pair of NEW Jersey’s due to improper returns

o   Tournament 50th Anniversary would like to see 100 teams, looking into securing more ice, will not have skills completion but replace with NRL game.

o   Rookie Ringette sub committee to co-ordinate vs all on one person.

o   Coaching Clinic June 23rd and 24th in Ajax, out of region ones up on the website Trainers, Managers, Bench Staff by November 1st

o   Sponsorship 10% to a max $250 per team

o   Managers Meeting..... to be put together once the season starts

o   Marketing Canada Day CTR for the fall

o   Santa Claus Parade Saturday December 1st....looking at black out date so that team can participate  Bowling event....perhaps on December 1st as well

o   No home ice on Saturday November 24th and Saturday December 1st

Next Meeting:


  • July 4
  • Aug 8
  • Sept 5
  • Oct 3
  • Nov 7
  • Dec 5
  • Jan 2
  • Feb 6
  • Mar 6
Category Sites
League Sites
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from whitbyringette.com on Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 8:52 PM