WRA Association Meeting Minutes - October 2016 (Whitby Ringette)

PrintWRA Association Meeting Minutes - October 2016

Whitby Ringette Association October Meeting Agenda- October 17, 2016

I. Call to order

7pm Iroquois Sports Complex, Fireside Room. Call to order at 7:15

Roll call- The following persons were present: Marc Nagy, Jennifer Nagy, Stanton Mackellar, Cameron Lee, Lisa Tucker, John Hyde, David Taite, Joanne Brind’Amour, Christy Wallace, Carrie Anderson, Steve Gaull, Matt Ledger

II. Teams

  • Pictures- Edge Imaging has provided packet, booking for Practice times
  • Coaches certification and police checks- Joanne has the letter ready to be personalized. Email her for letter. Steve and Lori will be contacting coaches and managers about updates.
  • Coaches please update Steve, Lori, Stanton, and Christy of bench staff for what is required.- Carrie will be providing from TRFs
  • Managers and Trainers need certification from Coachingringette.ca

III. Rookie Ringette

  • U8 team has developed. Pay same amount as U9 members. Rookie 1 and 2 have created U8. Rookie 1 and 2 have consolidated to 1 ice time on Saturdays, U8 will blend into games on Sunday in age groups.
  • Nov 20 RR games will switch to Saturday rather than Sunday? looking to reschedule U8 game.
  • Dec 4 - U8s have a game conflict with Rookie ringette, McKinney icetime is option.

IV. Publicity

  • Christmas parade –Need to get a flyer with QR code, Candy Cane distribution with CTR tags
  • Subcommittee being formed.- Stanton, Matt, and parents
  • Saturday, December 3, 2016 10:00 a.m. – Noon, find more info and link to registration on website. http://www.whitby.ca/en/residents/santaclausparade.asp
  • Come try ringette and or Bring a friend – need to schedule another to bring up rookie numbers Dec 4, at McKinney
  • Newsletter needs more input to put on website
  • Next PA day Nov 18 sessions at Trafalgar Castle

V. Player Development

  • Looking at adding another Power Skating section for 2nd half for lower age groups and weaker skaters. 5 week session $100.

VI. Coach Development

  • ORA is creating a concussion protocol
  • Coach meeting completed before end of October, location TBD
  • “Coaching points” for managing certification needs to be clarified by Lori at Coach meeting

VII. Ice Time

  • No ice time Sat Nov 26, Sat Dec 3
  • CTR needs helpers to run Dec 4 1:15 at McKinney, Steve will run.

VIII. Website Updates

  • Matt will look into a login database for board members
  • Mobile site has been repaired
  • Website is being revamped

IX. Central Region

  • 4 19Rs got approval to move down to 16R, 2 returned to home association
  • 9 releases to be completed, Marc will sign and get to applicable managers.

X. Ontario Ringette Association

  • Police checks up to associations
  • Central Cup Challenge
  • Fair Ice Policy- Coaches must document

XI. Tournament

  • Next Meeting Wed Oct 19
  • Subcommittee has delegated components
  • Steve Gaull will run Skills Comptetion

XII. Other business

  • Town is starting to charge interest on unpaid debts. Budget amounts are being tallied from numbers. Marc motioned subsidizing coach training costs throughout years for retention, for registration costs. Stanton 2nd Cameron 3rd, vote approved
  • Bullocks Pub wants to sponsor WRA
  • WRA Meetings 2017
  • November 21 meeting will be relocated to Bullocks Pub
  • December 12 meeting at LaserQuest
  • January 16 meeting at Baldwin Burger
  • TBD- Mon 07:00 PM  06 Feb 2017
  • Mon 07:00 PM  06 Mar 2017  
  • need location for April
  • Mon 07:00 PM  08 May 2017

XIII. Adjournment

  • Marc moved to adjourn the meeting at 9:27, Jen 2nd Cameron 3rd
  • Minutes submitted by:  Joanne Brind’Amour

 

Category Sites
League Sites
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from whitbyringette.com on Monday, December 17, 2018 at 7:27 AM